Fibrocystic Breasts or Lumpy, Dense, Tender Breasts
What are fibrocystic breasts and what symptoms would I have?
Fibrocystic breasts are lumpy, dense, fibrous breasts that have been determined to be non-cancerous or benign by your doctor.
- breast lumps or fibrous tissue that blends into the tissue around it
- painful or tender breasts
- breast lumps that vary in size
- lumpiness or tenderness that varies throughout your menstrual cycle, particularly bad from mid-cycle to just before your period starts
Is is dangerous to have fibrocystic breasts?
Fibrocystic breasts themselves are not hazardous to your health, but can make proper imaging of the breasts more difficult which can mask more serious issues like breast cancer. They are more of a symptom of a need for better hormone balance. Hormone imbalance can also increase your risk for breast cancer.
What causes lumpy breasts?
The causes of fibrocystic breasts aren’t one hundred percent clear, however, higher caffeine intake, and hormone imbalance, often estrogen dominance (relatively speaking higher estrogen and lower progesterone) seem to play a role.
What is the natural treatment for dense, lumpy or painful breasts?
- Enhancing liver metabolism of hormones can help address the hormone imbalance that may be contributing to fibrocystic breast development.
- Reduce caffeine intake to once per day.