As of March 16, 2020, Forces of Nature Wellness Clinic remains open to help our patients. As yet, there has been no directive from the government to close the clinic. As the information that we are receiving is changing day-to-day, we are staying abreast of the Minister of Health’s recommendations and adjusting accordingly. We will update this page as new information becomes available.
Here are the measures that we have in place to protect ourselves and our patients:
- There is signage at our front door for patients to self-screen for symptoms of COVID-19. If they answer yes to any of these questions, we ask that they do not enter the clinic. The Government of Ontario recommends the following self-assessment:
Are you feeling unwell with any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, new cough or difficulty breathing (or a combination of these symptoms)?
- Muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, runny nose or diarrhea? Symptoms in young children may also be non-specific (for example, lethargy, poor feeding).
Have you experienced any of the following:
- Have you traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Does someone you are in close contact with have COVID-19 (for example, someone in your household or workplace)?
- Are you in close contact with a person who is sick with respiratory symptoms (for example, fever, cough or difficulty breathing) who recently traveled outside of Canada?
If you answered yes to these questions, you should seek clinical assessment for COVID-19 over the phone.
The majority of COVID-19 illnesses are mild. A clinician can help guide whether you will require further care or potential testing in person. Please use one of the following options:
- Contact your primary care provider (for example, your family doctor). Let them know that you have used this self-assessment tool.
- Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 and speak with a registered nurse. Let them know that you have used this self-assessment tool.
We have signs throughout the clinic about COVID-19 prevention. We recommend Social Distancing of at least 2 meters, regular handwashing for at least 20 seconds, coughing or sneezing into your sleeve rather than your hand, avoid touching your face and stay home if you are sick.
There are detailed instructions for proper handwashing in the washroom.
We are using the following disinfectants on a regular basis throughout the clinic each day: bleach spray, alcohol wipes, and hand sanitizer. We wipe down all surfaces that patients contact after every patient, including doorknobs, the credit card terminal, the keyboards, handrails and anywhere else that people touch. When appropriate we use gloves and N95 masks.
Our practitioners who can see patients virtually are doing so where appropriate.
In the clinic, we wash our hands before and after every patient for at least 20 seconds using proper technique and we stay at least 2 meters away from patients when possible.
Any patient who is ill, but does not meet the criteria for COVID-19 is being kept isolated in one of our little-used treatment rooms, just in case.
We will leave hand sanitizing materials at our front door for everyone to use when they enter and leave.
No handshakes or elbow bumps, as even elbow bumps require being too close.
We emailed all of our patients with a valid email address over the weekend offering the option of virtual visits with those of us who can do them.
We are advising any of our patients who are ill or who have a compromised immune system or who are in close proximity with someone who does have, to delay their visit.
We know that these are stressful and uncertain times. We are here to help. If you are feeling anxious or depressed, reach out to our psychotherapist, Ichih Wang.
Please Note: As per our government regulations, our naturopathic doctors and other wellness professionals cannot diagnose, test for or treat COVID-19. If you suspect that you may have it, please call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 for instructions.
If there are any other suggestions or measures that we can put in place for your safety or the safety of our staff and practitioners, please let us know by email at [email protected].
Be well and stay safe, everyone. We’ll get through this together.