Wondering if your Blood Sugar is Healthy?
Check out my blood sugar checklist:
Blood Sugar Checklist
- Do you feel terrible (weak, shaky, irritable, light-headed or get a headache) if you miss a meal?
- Are you hungry less than 2 hours after a meal?
- Do you have difficulty losing weight or gain weight easily?
- Do you notice a reaction when you eat sugar?
- Do you have hormone-related issues like acne or irregular periods?
- Would you rate your stress level as low?
- Do you feel drowsy or tired during the day?
- Do you crave starches, sugar or sweets?
- Is your appetite excessive?
- Do you wake throughout the night?
All of the above can be signs or symptoms that your blood sugar is not well-managed and unstable. Stable blood sugar levels help maintain consistent energy/mood, help maintain a healthy weight and keeps hormones in their proper balance.
Healthy Blood Sugar Tips
If you experience any of the above here’s what to do:
- Reduce or eliminate sugar from your diet.
- Cut back on carbs generally like bread, pasta, cereal, rice, and potatoes. These tend to spike your blood sugar quickly. A spike in blood sugar results in a sharp crash afterwards.
- Include some protein with each meal. Include some nuts, seeds, chicken, fish, meat, tofu, and legumes at every meal.
- Increase the fiber at each meal. Eat more broccoli, hemp hearts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, Salba seeds and legumes.
- Support your adrenal glands. Between meals and at night, your adrenals together with your liver help to maintain stable blood sugar. Supporting the adrenal glands can help support normal sleep.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise helps your body to manage blood sugar better and reduces the need for insulin.
Need more help with your blood sugar? Contact my clinic and we’ll work on it together. Call 416-481-0222 or book online any time here.